Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Classroom Decor Ideas

Good evening everyone!

I am currently sitting in my living room (with the AC on thank you very much.... what a HOT day we've had!)  enjoying my new obsession: Greek Coconut Yogurt! WOW! What a great discovery I've made! This thing is a real treat, perfect for summer....and hey! It's yogurt so it is pretty healthy :) I've been eating iit daily (several times a day) for the past week. Just thought I'd share this ;)

And I am also watching DC Cupcakes reruns on TV. I love this show!! I want to open a bake shop everytime I watch an episode! But then I remember I'm not that good of a baker and the ridiculous idea slowly goes away ;)

As the school year is coming to an end (7 1/2 days left!)  I'm already in classroom decor planning for next year. I usually choose a different team every year but I haven't gotten tired of owls yet! They are so cute and I feel like they have gone up in popularity and so there are owl things everywhere!! Decorating will be so much fun because I will have lots of ideas to choose from :)

Look at this owl theme made by School Girl Style


Loving everything! and those banners!!! :)

And this border:

(Ok, sorry about the huge white border around it....?!)

Isn't it cute?? This one is new and did not exist when I decorated for this year. I find it super adorable!

And look at these owls :) I love them!!

I've seen some pretty cute stuff on TPT too!

Do you usually do themes in your classroom? If so, do you already know what your theme will be for next year?

And I'm at 76 followers!! YAY!! I'm slowly getting to 100 :) And to a giveaway ;) Thanks to all of my followers :) It's really excited to know people are acutally reading what I post!

I'm gonna go enjoy the rest of my cupcake show now and put my yogurt away or else I won't have any more left for breakfast ;)

Until next time,







14 comments:

smoran892 said...

Those owls are ADORABLE! Our school mascot is the owl so I'm always on the lookout for cute owls!!

Susan
T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

Heidi said...

I love School Girl Style. I have a million classroom theme ideas spinning around in my brain and keep finding more and more. I am glad I have all summer to choose. I am leaning towards either a Pirate (black and white and red) theme, The Black and White Polka Dot and yellow theme from School Girl Style, or an owl theme from The Learning Tree (she has a great polka dot theme pack in her TPT store.)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Tonya said...

I LOVE the owls but I am not ready to change themes! I have had frogs for 4 years now and just have so much froggy stuff:) Maybe one of these days I will get rid of the frogs:)

Tonya
Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

Anonymous said...

I have an owl theme in my classroom also. I just love the bright, colorful owls!

Delighted in Second

Katie said...

I love the owls!!!!

I have also become addicted to greek yogurt, but I haven't tried the coconut kind. I eat it every morning :) yum yum!

Katie
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

Cupcake said...

The owls are soo cute!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Natalie said...

I love owls, too! I am working on an owl themed set as we speak. Be on the lookout for it soon...I think you will really like it!

Natalie
TeacheryTidbits

Unknown said...

I too have a million different ideas swimming around in my head for classroom decor next year thanks to blogs and Pinterest. I actually made a little inspiration board that I was planning to share on my blog later this week as I try to sort through what I want to do. Owls seems to be the new in thing and while I have no real love of owls in life I cannot get over how many adoreable ones there are to use for decorations in the classroom. Like the one's you posted here, I just love them! Also,you have to tell me more about this coconut greek yogurt. That sounds devine. What brand is it?

❤- Stephanie
Falling Into First

Jessica Ann Stanford said...

How cute are all of these!? Love the colors!

Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class
PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

Lisa R. said...

I love it all! I swear if I didn't love pirates so much, I might switch to owls because of all of the cute things out there. :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kristen said...

I love the owls! I started using owls last year, but it was very limited. I am going to expand this year hopefully and add some more color.

Come check out my blog!

Kristen
www.socalteacherstuff.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So, so cute! We have awarded you The Lovely Blog award! Stop by our blog to pick it up :)

-Katie and Lisen
Wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

YearntoLearn said...

Such cute owl findings.


Yearn to Learn Blog

Kelly and Kim said...

Oh my goodness, those owls are just too stinkin' cute!!! I change my classroom theme every year. Next school year I am thinking of doing a jungle theme, this past year it was insects. I love changing it every year!