Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Cute ideas for organizing!

Hello blogger friends!

Am I the only one or does any one else out there have what I like to call Teacher-Goggles Syndrome?
Let me explain... ;)
Every shop I walk in to, I walk in wth my teacher goggles! I'm always looking at items and thinking... ''How could I use this cute (insert name of the product here) in my classroom?'' It happens at grocery stores, clothing stores, cosmetics stores...everywhere! These are not stores where we would think to buy supplies for the classroom.... but oh! the treasures we'll find! :)

One store that seems to offer many items that can double as classroom stuff is the amazing Bath and Body Works! They have the cutest gift bags and gift 'buckets' ever! I use them for organizing things in my classroom which is great... but mostly... I love them because they just look so cute!
Here an example of two gift bags I bought last year. They don't have it at the store anymore but this gives you an idea of what they could look like.

This size is great for storing pens and pencils or even your toothbrush/toothpaste!

This other one is a little bucket which I bought a few weeks ago so I'm sure it's still available. Isn't it the cutest bucket ever?


Now you're probably wondering why I have clothes pins in there...!
This is a system I use with my students to get them to speak only in English. As you may have read in an earlier post, I am an ESL teacher so my students' first language is French. Every day, they receive 2 pins, for a total of 10 each week. Every time a student hears another student speak French, the first student can steal a pin from the one who spoke French and keep it. On Fridays, I do a draw and each pin is worth one coupon. It works really well! (Thank you Jasmine for this great idea!) This could easily be adapted for behavior  :) As for the draw, the prizes vary. (candies, no homework pass, no quiz pass --- a fan favourite!)

Also, I have created my blog button!! Take a look :)


Until next time,

12 comments:

Just Wild About Teaching said...

first...love the blog button.. and second i have teaching goggles also!!! i have a lot of bins that i still need to find use foor but ur ideas are great also. thanks for sharing =)

Just Wild About Teaching

Cupcake said...

I have that exact same bucket!! And I never take my teacher goggles off :)
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Anonymous said...

Teacher goggles are a permanent accessory for me! I am
your newest follower!!!

Rhonda said...

Cute blog!! I am your newest follower. I am also new to the bloggy world.
Rhonda
Classroom Fun

Sandra said...

Welcome to blogging. Every time I am in Dollar Tree and Target I find something I can some how use in the classroom. What is it about teachers and finding bargains and cute things for our rooms?! I am a new follower. Stop by and visit sometime.
Sandra
Classroom Companion

Nicole said...

Hi there,
I just found your blog and I'm a follower now!! You have some very cute ideas! I just started a blog as well. Come check it out when you get a chance!

Nicole
A Frenzy of Fun in 1st Grade

Anonymous said...

You are right about the teacher goggles! I love your clothes pin idea. I will be finding some way to work that into my classroom. Fun!

I love your blog and am your newest follower! The owls are so cute and you have already shared some great ideas! I am a new blogger also. It is fun sharing and connecting with other teachers!

Delighted in Second

Teach It Today said...

Thanks for following my blog! It was great to get your feedback. I don't speak French, but my husband does. Je suis votre derniere "suivante"!

Heather
Teach It Today!

Just Wild About Teaching said...

hey girl!! email me
justwildaboutteaching@gmail.com

i want to ask you something =)

Just Wild About Teaching said...

hey girl i emailed you back!! =)

Miss Foote said...

Your blog is adorable. I a new follower!

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Danielle said...

My teacher "goggles" are always on too! Thanks for finding me so I could find you!!

Danielle
Twirlybird Teaching